The Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey
The Belgian Chamber of Commerce in Turkey was founded by İzzet AKOSMAN, Afif TEKTAŞ, Willi MARGUERY and Gabriel COUTEAUX in 1926 with the aim of supporting economic, commercial, social and cultural relations.
At the Ordinary General Assembly held at the Consulate General of Belgium in Istanbul on 16 April 2009, after receiving the power of attorney of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce from the Federation of Belgian Chambers of Commerce, the name of our Chamber was changed to the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey.
The Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey supports Belgian and Luxembourgish companies established in Turkey or aiming to develop trade and industrial relations with Turkey. Our Chamber also supports Turkish companies wishing to operate in Belgium and Luxembourg.
The Belgian Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey is a member of the Federation of Belgian Chambers of Commerce (cci.be).
Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey is to work on the development of friendly relations between Turkey and Belgium and Luxembourg, to develop cooperation between these three countries in the fields of commercial, industry, economy, finance and banking, tourism, social and cultural. The aim of the Chamber is also to help the development of relations in all subjects in the economic field and to encourage the actions in these fields.
The main purpose of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey is;
- To help its members with developing trade between Turkey and Belgium and Luxembourg,
- To contribute to the development of cultural, social and commercial relations between Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg by helping people who do business with Belgium and Luxembourg,
- To provide services and ideas on business development,
- To create business opportunities between Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg,
- To help reduce existing trade barriers between Turkey and Belgium and Luxembourg,
- To increase mutual cooperation and investments by developing relations between members,
- To improve Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourgish business partnerships in Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg,
- To provide assistance and support to Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourgish companies in their professional relations.
The Belgian – Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey offers a wide range of services to establish and expand new businesses in Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg, to promote the trade between these three countries and to assist companies seeking other business-related activities.
The Belgian – Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey carries out the following activities in order to achieve its purpose;
- Establish cooperation and communication relations in accordance with the purpose of the Chamber with the Trade and Industry Chambers, the Chambers of Agriculture, the Trade Associations, the Banking Associations located both in Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg, with the federations and confederations established with the same purpose and also with other Chambers and Associations established by the Turks and foreigners,
- Do research in accordance with the Chamber’s purpose on subjects in relation with Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg and to announce results to the members and relevant authorities,
- Organize meetings and conferences on a regular basis to provide information on current economic and professional topics,
- Participate directly or indirectly in fairs and exhibitions, assist in the establishment and organization of these fairs and exhibitions,
- Ensure that the members are informed and enlightened in accordance with the purpose of the Association, develop business relations or ensure that they come together for social purposes, organize meetings on these issues and carry out the necessary studies and take measures on these issues,
- Support and direct Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourgish companies, provide necessary information to the Turkish companies wishing to do business with Belgium and Luxembourg or to the Belgian and Luxembourgish companies wishing to do business with Turkey,
- Help to arbitrate or advise in commercial and professional disputes,
- Organize trips to Belgium, Luxembourg and Turkey and also to other countries,
- Launch initiative in line with the purpose of the Chamber with the Ministries, public and private institutions, Embassies, Consulates, Trade Attachés and all related organizations,
- Develop social, cultural and economic cooperation between Turkey, Belgium and Luxembourg,
- Upgrade Turkey’s image in Belgium and Luxembourg as well as upgrade the image of Belgium and its regions and Luxembourg in Turkey,
- Assist directly or indirectly in finding partners or sales partners,
- Provide sectorial information about Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourg market,
- Follow the developments in Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourg economy
- Provide information about import / export,
- Guide commercial and political delegations who come to Turkey or who go to Belgium and Luxembourg,
- Ensure that Turkish, Belgian and Luxembourgish companies benefit from the network of the Belgian – Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Turkey,
The Chamber maintains all its services in accordance with the principles of impartiality and confidentiality.
Our members benefit from all our services under privileged conditions.
- Organizes 2 economic missions in different cities in Turkey, 2 multi-sectorial conferences about different sectors, traditional New Year’s Cocktail and summer events,
- Organizes economic missions in Belgium, Luxembourg and in various provinces of Turkey,
- Organizes business conferences for different sectors,
- Organizes cocktail events and hosts for dinner that give networking opportunities to its members and guests,
- Works on keeping track of business trends for its members and guests through trainings and workshops.
The Chamber offers its members career opportunities.
The Chamber has 156 members.